Friday, November 21, 2008

FINAL CLASS


Last night was my final class for course 1 and 2.  I am sort of glad that the class is over, because now I have a little more "free" time, but I am definitely going to miss everyone that was in the class.  They will offer the 3rd course in January, and I am pretty sure we are all going to sign up for it so we can all be in the same class again.  
While the other 2 girls made pretty Thanksgiving cakes, I was in a whole other world. I have really been into this whole asian-inspired mood lately, and I am just not ready for all this cold weather.  So, rather than making the "normal" cake, I made something entirely different.
This time we had to actually draw the cake out on a sheet of paper and then come to class with everything that we would need, already prepared and ready to go. This really made things much easier. Since I already had a plan, I didn't have to worry about "brain farts" getting in the way. It was 
nice.
Corey also helped me out this week by creating 
me a cake template. That gave me something to sort of give me a better perspective of size and what it would actually look like in the end. He also took my pictures for me. He is much better at that than I am. lol

3 comments:

micasue said...

I love the colours on this one, your cakes look really nice.

I keep forgetting to send your glass dish back; I should have given it to you today at lunch!

Oops!

Shauna said...

That is okay. I thought about it, too, but I'm not really in a hurry for it.
I meant to come in for some pie. You should save me a piece. *hehe*

micasue said...

I love the cupcake background!